Will Michael repeat to win? Who will he team with?
The 1-2-4-Point Shootout this season will be held on June 21 at Shek Tong Tsui Sports Centre after the Semi-Finals. This time, we add teamwork as an element, as teams need to play in pairs.
Date: 2009 June 21, Sunday
Site: Shek Tong Tsui Sports Centre
Time: After Semi-Finals
Prize: To Be Annouced
Application Deadline: 2009 June 19, Friday
(“Walk-ins” from any S.B.L. team are allowed on the day, before the first shooter begin the game, when there are less than 28 pairs applied before the deadline.)
- Each pair of players is given one ball and has sixty (60) seconds to shoot the ball at any position within the half-court.
- The pair, a shooter and a passer, starts at the centre circle.
- The first shooter can decide where to shoot before the passer, who has to stay in the circle, pass him the ball.
- Each player shoots ALTERNATELY to score.
- Players can dribble or move with the ball.
- Each basket made in GREEN area (see above) is worth one (1) point.
- Each basket made in BLUE area is worth two (2) points.
- Each basket made in RED area is worth four (4) points.
- No points for any basket made by the same player after an attempt. No matter he misses or makes the basket, the shooter become a passer and the passer become a shooter.
- No points for any basket made in the two-point area (exclude in the BLUE and GREEN).
- Baskets made with the shooter’s foot stepped on the boundary lines will be “down-graded”. For instance, stepping on the three-point line will turn a basket from four (4) points to two (2) points. Stepping on the free-throw line will turn a basket from two (2) points to one (1). Baksets made while stepping on the boundary line of the green area worth zero (0) point.
- Each shooter or passer needs to get the rebound of the misses without the help of a third person.
- The two pairs with the highest scores play a final round to determine championship.
- Each Team can assign as many as two (2) pairs, i.e. four (4) players to take part before the deadline.
- The pair can include one player from another team. e.g. T-REX can have two pairs featured three players among themselves where one of them team up with, say, another player from Trojans. Trojans and T-REX have decide if that “mixed pair” belongs to which team.
Double-sized League2021-03-25 10:07:30
The Second SBL Champion2021-01-07 12:03:37
A second season with two new teams2020-09-24 10:47:30
Analytics Updated with more tools2020-08-12 09:35:35
This day 14 years ago, we tipped off!2020-06-25 11:02:12
It was started 14 years ago2020-06-19 11:00:31
Locations Page is back too2020-05-03 16:29:16
Analytics Updated with Player Games2020-05-02 15:10:50
HOOPS.HK Website Revamp2020-03-28 22:39:30