Last season, Harris failed in Final, Tabo was out even earlier, but how good were they?
The Association is planning to set up some player awards to reward players with outstanding performances in the Southorn Basketball League. It will never be easy for us, especially at a non-professional level, to set up good enough criteria to determine who can be rewarded. Therefore we would like to find more comments and feedbacks from teams and players.
Below are two proposals on two (actually three) new awards, namely Player of the Division and Player of the Season, which we may implement in next season (2010).
1. Player of the Division
- The candidate must play at least half of the total number of games in the division, i.e. 3 (out of 6) in the current division of seven teams.
- The candidate must play for a team ranked at least second in the division.
- Two (2) votes, one first-place and one second-place, on candidates will be received from each team in the division (seven in total under current league size), AND from a panel* formed by league officials and statisticians. In other words, there will be a maximum of eight sets of votes, 16 votes in total.
- All votes will be received before the first playoff games and the winner will be awarded in the first appearance in playoffs.
2. Player of the Season
- The candidate must play more than half of the total number of games in the season, i.e. 6 games for a team who ranked below second (out of 10 total games in the season) or 5 games for a team who ranked first or second in the division (out of 9).
- The candidate must play for either team that plays in the Final.
- Three (3) votes, first-place, second-place and third-place each, on candidate will be received from each team in the Final, AND from a panel* formed by league officials and statisticians*, after the Final is finished. In other words, there will be a maximum of three sets of votes, nine votes in total.
- One (1) extra vote, as a result of the winner from voting by ALL participants# taken part on the day Final is played, will be received.
- All votes will be received within a reasonable period of time after the Final is finished and the winner will be awarded immediately after the result is announced.
In the event there is a tie after voting is finished, the deadlock is broken using the following system:
- Most second-place votes received.
- Most third-place votes received. (Player of the Season)
- Most extra votes received. (Player of the Season)
- Most number of games played.
- Most wins by the team played for.
- Most points scored by the player.
* The number of members on the panel may vary, while the panel itself shall resolve the decision within themselves.
# The participants can vote on all players who fulfill the criteria and take part in the Final, on the basis of first and second place. “Participants” here exclude members on the two Final teams, the panel but will include the referees and all other audiences if possible.
These are the draft proposals only and it is now open for discussion. Please feel free to give us comments.
Double-sized League2021-03-25 10:07:30
The Second SBL Champion2021-01-07 12:03:37
A second season with two new teams2020-09-24 10:47:30
Analytics Updated with more tools2020-08-12 09:35:35
This day 14 years ago, we tipped off!2020-06-25 11:02:12
It was started 14 years ago2020-06-19 11:00:31
Locations Page is back too2020-05-03 16:29:16
Analytics Updated with Player Games2020-05-02 15:10:50
HOOPS.HK Website Revamp2020-03-28 22:39:30