2024-04-20 00:30:36

Defending Champ advance to Semi-Final

2009.06.16 13:00

Chow and Wan celebrates the victory.

Man Chun Chow led all scorer by 13 points, Ka King Wan and Chung Hong Tsoi each added 11 for Dream Team, who has four players scored in double figures in a 47-37 quater-final victory over T-REX and the defending champion advanced to Semi-Final.

T-REX started the game quickly behind four points from Michael Wu and two free throws from Chung Ming Mok. Dream Team guards Seung Lung Chin (Leo) and Sze Man Wan (Penny) responded with two free throws each to make it only a 4-6.

After a Dream Team timout, turnovers by T-REX allowed a quick comeback for the opponent as Man Chun Chow’s basket helped to take a 9-8 lead for Dream Team. Only T-REX managed to finished the first period with a three-point advantage at 12-9.

Everytime Dream tried to take a lead in the second period, T-REX had an answer from Chung Tung Hui. The T-REX forward made two treys that sandwiched a three-point play for the team’s nine straight points that extended the lead to 21-16.

Chung Ming Mok hit from deep after Ka King Wan helped Dream Team to pull within one point. This was however the last goal by T-REX in first half. The defending champion finished the first half with a 7-0 spurt and took a 27-24 lead at the break.

Wing Kit Tang and Vincent Siu were the only scorers for T-REX, each with one basket, in the third period. Chi Yip Wong had three of the teams’ six turnovers in the period. Dream Team scored seven points in that span, despite only three-for-fifteen from the field. Small guard leo missed all his five attempts but had three rebounds.

Yip finished a three-point play and Vincent scored two points for 35-37 before a timeout. One more basket from Vincent made it an one-point game at 37-38 with less than four minutes left.

T-REX struggled the score the rest of the game and the fast-break point resulted from the final steal by Man Chung Chow sealed the game with less than a minute left.

T-REX had a 34-to-25 advantage at the boards but committed 21 turnovers. The game had seven lead changes, all in the first half.

The game was re-scheduled from 17:15 to 17:55 due to mis-arrangement of referees. The following game was also re-scheduled, from 18:30 to 18:55.